The Benson San Pedro Valley Chamber of Commerce Director's Meeting is the 4th Tuesday of every month, 29 October is the next meeting. These meetings are open to the public. If you have anything you would like to address with the Director's you must be placed on the agenda by emailing, Najayyah Many Horses at firstname.lastname@example.org. The meeting begins at 6:00 PM sharp and is held in the boardroom at the Chamber Office, 168 E. 4th Street, Benson AZ 85602.
Union Pacific’s historic Big Boy steam locomotive No. 4014 is touring the Union Pacific system throughout 2019 to commemorate the transcontinental railroad's 150th anniversary. It will be in Benson at the Patagonia Crossing at 8:45 AM - 9:15 AM, Saturday, October 19, 2019.
• Remember, trains can’t stop quickly to avoid people or vehicles on the tracks.
• A train’s distance from you and its speed can be deceiving.
• The average train overhangs the track by at least three feet – take extra precaution and stand back at least 25 feet from all railroad tracks..
• Railroad tracks, trestles, yards and right-of-way are private property – please do not trespass.
• Never assume tracks are abandoned or inactive – ALWAYS expect a train and assume tracks are active.
• Hearing protection is recommended.
The rains got the best of us a few weeks ago, but the City has rescheduled the 2nd Annual Lantern festival for 2 November 2019. If you had advanced ticket they are still good. Busy schedule kept you from attending before, here's your second chance. Tickets are available. Click the poster to order your tickets.