Union Pacific’s historic Big Boy steam locomotive No. 4014 is touring the Union Pacific system throughout 2019 to commemorate the transcontinental railroad's 150th anniversary. It will be in Benson at the Patagonia Crossing at 8:45 AM - 9:15 AM, Saturday, October 19, 2019.
• Remember, trains can’t stop quickly to avoid people or vehicles on the tracks.
• A train’s distance from you and its speed can be deceiving.
• The average train overhangs the track by at least three feet – take extra precaution and stand back at least 25 feet from all railroad tracks..
• Railroad tracks, trestles, yards and right-of-way are private property – please do not trespass.
• Never assume tracks are abandoned or inactive – ALWAYS expect a train and assume tracks are active.
• Hearing protection is recommended.